September 20, 2022 Board Meeting Minutes
Sheridan Township Board of Trustees Meeting
September 20, 2022
I. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Richard Porter at 7:00 pm.
The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States: Led by Stephanie Craig
Present: Randy Fisher, Scott Frederick, Stephanie Craig, Hayley England,
and Richard Porter
Audience: Scott McLane, Rusty Smith, Lance Lohrke, Jenni Master
II. Approval of Agenda: It is necessary to amend the agenda to add Resolution 2022-11 to set new charge rates for our fire department. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to approve the agenda with the amendment to add resolution 2022-11. All in favor. The motion passed.
III. Approval of previous Township Board Minutes. A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by to Randy accept the August 16th meeting minutes as presented. All in favor. The motion passed. A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by to Randy accept the August 22nd special meeting minutes as presented. All in favor. The motion passed.
IV. Payment of Bills: A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Randy to approve the payment of the bills. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
V. Treasurers Report: A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to accept the treasurers report as presented. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
VI. Correspondence: Included in each packet is an email from Sara Mills to Catherine Kauffman showing an amount of 3000 per megawatt for the solar PILT.
VII. Committee Reports:
1. Planning Commission/Roads – Scott Frederick. There hasn't been a Planning Commission meeting since our last board meeting, so there are no updates at this time.
2. Fire – Chief Lance Lohrke. See the attached report for the calls in August. Chief Lohrke goes over the report for August. Training for August was hose test. Engine 16 failed the pump test, so the pump needs to be rebuilt. This should not take too long and should be covered by our insurance company. Chief explains why we need to increase our charges for our firefighters and trucks when a call is taken. Our current charges are not bringing in enough to cover our expenses.
VIII. Public Comment: Public comment was taken at this time. Questions were asked and answered about Shipsterns Solar Project.
IX. Unfinished Business: None
X. New Business
1. 2021 Audit report Markowski & Company. Scott McLane gives a presentation about the audit from the previous fiscal year.
2. Discuss and vote on Zoning Administrators request to amend mileage budget for his department. A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Randy to issue the mileage budget of $300 to the zoning administrator. All in favor. The motion passed. The board would like to readdress this issue for next budget.
3. Amend budget for Pine Gate escrow account. Amend Engineering line item 101-272-801.734. Pine Gate Engineering line item is already over budget, the board needs to decide what the new budget should be. A motion by Randy, 2nd by Scott to increase the budget for line item 101-272-801.734 by $1000. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed
4. Resolution 2022-11 to set new charge rates for the fire department. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to set the fire truck rate at $225 and the firefighter rate at $20/hr. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
XI. Adjourn: A motion was made by Hayley, 2nd by Stephanie to adjourn at.7:43pm. All in favor; the motion passed.
Stephanie Craig, Secretary