October 18, 2022 Board Meeting Minutes
Sheridan Township Board of Trustees Meeting
October 18, 2022
I. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Richard Porter at 7:00 pm.
The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States: Led by David Martin.
Present: Scott Frederick, Stephanie Craig, Hayley England,
and Richard Porter
Absent: Randy Fisher, excused
Audience: David Martin, Rusty Smith, Harold Badger, Lance Waito, Lance Lohrke
II. Approval of Agenda: A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Hayley to approve the agenda. All in favor. The motion passed.
III. Approval of previous Township Board Minutes. A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Hayley to accept the September 20th meeting minutes as presented. All in favor. The motion passed.
IV. Payment of Bills: A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Hayley to approve the payment of the bills. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
V. Treasurers Report: A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Hayley to accept the treasurers report as presented. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
VI. Correspondence: Included in the packet is a letter to Seth from Pine Gate (Shipsterns) to fast-track the paperwork for their PILT. Also included is paperwork from the County about the road funds that have been distributed.
VII. Committee Reports:
1. Planning Commission/Roads – Scott Frederick. The items from the Planning Commission are hold for now. We got two miles of roads done this month, one mile on J drive and one on H drive.
2. Fire – Chief Lance Lohrke. See the attached report for the calls in September. Chief Lohrke goes over the report for September. Training for September was covered foam. The engine was returned, there are still a few things that need to be completed, but it is being taken care of. Discussions followed about the fire station remodel/addition.
3. Zoning Enforcement - David Martin. Dave gives updates on what has been going on in the zoning department.
VIII. Public Comment: Public comment was taken at this time. Rusty asks about 28 Mile Rd. At this time 3 miles are scheduled to be done in 2023.
IX. Unfinished Business: None
X. New Business:
1. Bauckham, Sparks, Thall, Seeber, & Kaufman - Oct 28 - 7 pm. There is a meeting scheduled for October 28th at 7:00.
2. MTA conferences April 2023. This conference is scheduled for the week of April 17, in Traverse City. The board needs to decide if they would like to attend.
XI. Adjourn: A motion was made by Hayley, 2nd by Stephanie adjourn at 7:36. All in favor; the motion passed.
Stephanie Craig, Secretary