Sheridan Township Board of Trustees Meeting
November 23, 2021
I. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Richard Porter at 7:00 pm.
The Pledge was led by Lance Waito
Present: Randy Fisher, Scott Frederick, Stephanie Craig, and Richard Porter, Hayley England.
Audience: Lance Lohrke, Lance Waito, Bruce Penza
II. Approval of Agenda: An addition needs to be made to the agenda. Item 4 in New Business, a budget adjustment for the Contingency fund from the General Fund. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to accept the agenda with the addition. All in favor. The motion passed.
III. Approval of previous Township Board Minutes. A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Randy to accept the October 19th meeting minutes as presented. All in favor. The motion passed.
IV. Payment of Bills: Randy asks Chief Lance about the CCCDA calls for service. A motion was made by Randy ,2nd by Scott to approve the payment of the bills. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
V. Treasurers Report: A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to accept the treasurers report as presented. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
VI. Correspondence: Tom is recovering from his surgery. He is waiting to see what the doctors say about him returning to work. Dave Martin has been sworn in as an alternate for the Board of Review. If necessary, he would make a good replacement for Tom as the Zoning Administrator.
VII. Committee Reports:
1. Planning Commission/Roads – Scott Frederick. Planning Commission is finished with the ordinance book. They are just going to be fine tuning this document in the future. The Greek Orthodox church is going to be putting in a cematary
2. Fire – Chief Lance Lohrke. See the attached report for the calls in October. Chief Lance goes over the October calls. Training for October was extrication/chain saw training. The insurance company has decided to replace the cab on the engine. We have received the first installments for the replacement of the cab and the equipment that was damaged. The Fire Act grant is open again, and Chief would like to apply for a new tanker and new air packs. He would like to hire a grant writer to assist in the applications for the grants.
VIII. Public Comment: Lance Waito asks about the work on 28 Mile Rd. Richard updates us on the new owners of Ranger Power, Desri. We are waiting on the funds for the permits before they can begin construction.
IX. Unfinished Business:
X. New Business
1. Discuss road inventory report from Fleis & Vandenbrink. Bruce Penza goes over the PASER report. The original report had a mathematical error in it. Corrections have been made, and the correct figure is in the report now. Of the 60 miles of road that we have over 30 miles are a 2 or less. Our roads are actually better than they were according to this report. Randy has brought some discrepancies to our attention that Bruce will be discussing with his team. Bruce encourages us to work with the county on our road issues. Richard points out that the patch work that was done was done both late, and incorrectly done. The county is going to do even less next year than they did this year. Discussion ensues about the county’s responsibility in our road repair. Bruce encourages us to talk to our lawyers about our road situation with the county. Bruce will review road jurisdictions, and will send an engineer out to take another look at the new patches. Bruce will return in January for our meeting.
2. Discuss moving $6,000 from Contingency 101-299-960.000 to Technical Consultants 206-336-801.000 for grant writing for fire truck. A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Randy to approve the moving of $6,000 from Contingency to Technical Consultants. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed
3. Approve holiday closing for Township Hall 2022 calendar year. Veterans day needs to be added. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Hayley to approve the holiday closings for 2022. All in favor. The motion passed.
4. Budget adjustment for Contingency fund. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to approve a budget adjustment of 10,000 to the 101-299-960.000 Contingency fund. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
XI. Adjourn: A motion was made by Hayley, 2nd by Randy to adjourn at 8:07. All in favor; the motion passed.
Stephanie Craig, Secretary