Sheridan Township Board of Trustees Meeting Tuesday March 15, 2022 7:00pm
I. Call to order: The meeting was called to order by Richard Porter at 7:00 pm
The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States was led by Richard Porter
Present: Richard Porter, Randy Fisher, Scott Fredrick, Hayley England, Janet Cuatt Absent: Stephanie Craig, training Audience: Lance Lohrke, Tyler Collins, Gary Tompkins, Rick Offerson, David Gilbert, Wayne Weaver, Kathy Weaver, Devon Mause (Starr Commonwealth), Rusty Smith.
II. Public Hearing Act 328 Application from Calhoun County Solar LLC: The public hearing was called to order at 7:01pm. Richard discussed there have been two (2) previous hearings which were approved in 2021, but because the work will be starting this year in 2022, this additional hearing was required.
1. Public Comment: Sarah Mills commented that the work will begin late summer/fall of this year. There were no other comments or concerns.
2. The public hearing was closed at 7:03pm.
III. Approval of Agenda: Richard requested to add the following item to New Business #1; Rescind Resolution 2022-01 again and adopt amended 2022-01. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to accept the agenda with the addition. All in favor. The motion passed.
IV. Approval of previous Township Board Minutes: A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to accept the February 15, 2022 meeting minutes as presented. All in favor. The motion passed.
V. Payment of Bills: A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to approve the payment of the bills. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
VI. Treasurers Report: Hayley discussed closing out some accounts in effort to consolidate accounts. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to accept the Treasurers report as presented. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
VII. Correspondence: None
VIII. Committee Reports:
1. Planning Commission/Roads – Scott Frederick. There have been no meetings since the last township meeting. No updates.
2. Fire – Chief Lance Lohrke. See attached report for the calls in February. Chief Lance goes over the February calls. Training in February was for CPR renewal. Also, they will hold a pancake breakfast May 22.
IX. Public Comment: David Gilbert discussed that violent crimes have increased. Prosecuting attorneys are understaffed. Trials have restarted again. There is a back-log of two (2) years.
Gary Tompkins goes over a committee position opening soon, apply online if interested. There is an additional 911 mileage coming and requested input. The board members would like more information on what the increase is needed for before they can provide input. There will be a meeting Monday night regarding Act 51. His newsletter is available by email or hardcopy at the township and library.
Sarah Mills reviewed the future timeline of Calhoun County Solar Project, LLC (Savion).
X. Unfinished Business: None
XI. New Business
1. Rescind and Approve Amended 2022-01 Resolution. Rescind and adopt the amended Resolution. There are two parcels that were in the public notice but not included in what was signed. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to rescind and accept the amended 2022-01 Resolution. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
2. Approve Resolution 2022-02 Calhoun Solar. Public Act 328 application. We did it a year ago and need to approve the correct dates. There was discussion confirming the taxes were not delinquent, and that the decommissioning plan was approved. A motion made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to approve Resolution 2022-02 Calhoun Solar. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
3. Present 2022-2023 Budget. Richard discussed the budget last meeting. A few adjustments were made. Having the workshop for the budget was helpful for people to understand the budget. He recommends every township consider doing it. There is hope that the solar money can help with the road repair, but will have to work with the county due to policies. a. Public Comment: None
4. Approve 2022-2023 Township Budget.
General budget - A motion made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to approve the Township General Budget. Roll Call Vote; all in favor. The motion passed. Fire Budget – The budget includes 911 and fuel increases. It was explained that all calls 911 calls in the township comes from the Fire budget. A motion made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to approve the Township Fire Budget. Roll Call Vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
5. Approve Board Meeting dates 2022-2023 – The meeting dates will be set the same as last year. There will be no meeting in May or December. They will be held the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm. A motion made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to approve the Board Meeting dates for 2022-2023. Roll Call Vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
XII. Adjourn: A motion was made by Hayley, 2nd by Randy to adjourn at 7:48pm. All in favor; the motion passed.
Janet Cuatt, Deputy Clerk