March 16, 2021 Board Meeting Minutes
Sheridan Township Board of Trustees Meeting
March 16, 2021
I. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Richard Porter at 7:02pm.
Pledge: The pledge was led by Lance Lohrke.
Present: Roll call: Randy Fisher, Scott Frederick, Hayley England, Stephanie Craig, and Richard Porter.
Audience: Lance Lohrke, Doug Pollman, Rick Offerson
II. Approval of Agenda: A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to accept the agenda as written. All in favor, the motion passed.
III. Approval of previous Township Board Minutes: A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Randy to accept the February 16th meeting minutes. All in favor, the motion passed.
IV. Payment of Bills: A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to pay the bills. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
V. Treasurers Report: Hayley talks about monthly fees that she found on the bank account statements. Discussion ensued about the changing of banks and/or account types. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott for Hayley to change the accounts to non-interest-bearing accounts and research other banks for better rates at her discretion. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed. A motion was made by Randy 2nd by Scott to accept the treasurers report as presented. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
VI. Correspondence: Park millage - Dick applied for our portion of it which will be about $5400. It will be used in the city of Albion.
VII. Committee Reports
1. Planning Commission/Roads – Scott Frederick. There was a special Planning Commission meeting with Pine Gate on March 3rd for introductions. There is a Conditional Use Permit meeting scheduled for the 22nd of this month.
2. Fire – Chief Lance Lohrke. See the attached report for the calls for February. Training for February was inventory. Deputy Chief Klepper tripped and broke his ankle this last weekend. He is fine but will be out for a little while.
3. Zoning administration. Report from Tom Shedd on the Code Enforcement issues that he is currently dealing with.
VIII. Public Comment: None
IX. Unfinished Business:
1. Elan City Inc. Signs. Information is presented on electronic building signs. We do not think that this is something that we need right now.
X. New Business:
1. Budget amendments for March. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to make budget adjustments as presented by the Clerk. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
2. Approve 2020-2021 Sheridan Township Budget. Budget was presented by Dick. Discussion about the budget followed. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to approve the 2021-2022 budget as presented. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
3. Discuss Township business hours. The county is still on lockdown until April. Randy would like to see us go back to our normal hours by April 1st. Dick would like to wait until May 1st. It is agreed that we will go back to our normal office hours on May 1st.
4. Discuss and recommend to County Commissioner Thompkins Asphalt bids. Discussion about the bids for the hot mix asphalt that was presented by Gary Tompkins. Gary would like to know what our recommendation is. We are going to recommend Reith-Riley.
XI. Adjourn: A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to adjourn at 8:15pm. All in favor, the motion passed.
Stephanie Craig, Secretary