September 15, 2020 Board Meeting Minutes
Sheridan Township Board of Trustees Meeting
September 15, 2020
I. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Richard Porter at 7:00pm.
Pledge: The pledge was led by Lance Lohrke
Present: Roll call: Randy Fisher, Scott Frederick, Shanna Pollman, Stephanie Craig, and Richard Porter.
Audience: Hayley England, Kimberly Hinkley, Gary Thompkins, Lance Lohrke, Doug Pollman, Richmond Offerson, Linda DeBrule
II. Approval of Agenda: A motion was made by Randy Fisher 2nd by Scott Frederick to accept the agenda as written. All in favor; the motion passed.
III. Approval of previous Township Board Minutes: A motion was made by Randy Fisher 2nd Shanna Pollman by to accept the minutes for August 18th. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed. A motion was made by Shanna Pollman 2nd Randy Fisher by to accept the minutes for September 3rd. All in favor; the motion passed.
IV. Payment of Bills: A motion was made by Randy Fisher 2nd by Scott Frederick to pay the bills. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed
V. Treasurers Report: A motion was made by Scott Frederick 2nd Randy Fisher by to accept the treasurer’s report as presented. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
VI. Correspondence: Our annual audit started on Monday for 2019-2020. We met with Scott to talk about the audit and talk about improvements for next year. Pine Gate gave us a check for the application and site review. This next week will be the first face to face meeting with them. Albion Township is willing to pay for half of the cost of trash pickup. A discussion followed about what can be done about the trash that is being dumped in Sheridan Township.
VII. Committee Reports
1. Planning Commission/Roads – Scott Frederick. CUP for the Greek Orthodox church. No road meetings. 28 Mile Rd culvert has been paved, as has H Drive culvert. Work has also been done on J drive.
2. Fire – Chief Lance Lohrke. See the attached report for the calls for August. Training this month was covering Grain Rescue. Chief has been in contact with the truck company but as of yet does not have an exact date for completion.
VIII. Public Comment: Kimberly Hinkley is up for re-election in November. She gives a background on herself and her family, and a campaign speech. Gary Thompkins updates us on county building hours, then goes over his monthly newsletter. He gives information on the Homer lake management board, which will be debt free next year. He gives an update on the roads and a campaign speech. For Shanna Pollman’s retirement, he reads a Proclamation for her and gives her a framed copy thanking her for her 8 years of service to the Township.
IX. Unfinished Business: At the last CUP meeting we talked about raising the rates for permits, we are waiting to hear back about what other townships are doing for this. We will keep this tabled for now.
X. New Business
1. Discuss opening up hall and office hours. Richard would like the meetings to be kept in person if possible. Randy would like to see the office open back up. Dick explains why we can’t open the hall based on the governors’ current orders. The next planning meeting will still be virtual. The escrow accounts on the solar meetings have paid for most of the virtual meetings. Discussion went around about opening the office, and how many days and hours we would like to be open. It was suggested that we finish September with 2 days per week, then open October 1st with the full hours. It is decided that we will leave the hours as they are until we see what the governor decides. Richard will make the call later in the month as we see how things progress. Hayley introduced herself as the new incoming treasurer
2. Discuss I.T. Right contract. We got a new contract from IT right that Richard wants us to read it over and get back with him about. It is not well received by the members of the board. A motion was made by Scott Frederick 2nd by Randy Fisher not to accept the contract. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
3. Discuss payment of MCAO schooling for Carl Fowler. State training program for the accessor’s assistant. Discussion about the payment of the class ensued, and why the township needs to pay the class fee for the accessor’s assistant. A motion was made by Shanna Pollman 2nd Scott Frederick by to pay for our $200 share of Carl Fowlers accessors training program. Roll call vote; Shanna yes, Richard yes, Scott yes, Stephanie yes, Randy no. Motion passed with one dissenting.
4. Shanna Pollman letter of resignation. In each packet there is a resignation letter from Shanna Pollman. She is thanked for her 8 years of service; she will be missed.
XII. Adjourn: A motion was made to adjourn by Randy Fisher 2nd by Shanna Pollman at 8:11pm. All in favor; the motion passed.
Stephanie Craig, Secretary