Sheridan Township Board of Trustees Meeting
September 19, 2023
I. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Richard Porter at 7:00 pm.
The pledge of allegiance to the Flag of the United States: Led by Scott Frederick.
Present: Richard Porter, Scott Frederick, Hayley England, Randy Fisher, Stephanie Craig
II. Approval of Agenda: A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to accept the agenda as presented. All in favor, the motion passed.
III. Approval of previous township board minutes. A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Randy to accept the August 15th meeting minutes as presented. All in favor, the motion passed.
IV. Payment of Bills: A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Randy to approve the payment of bills. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
V. Treasurers Report: A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to approve the treasurers report as presented. All in favor, the motion passed.
VI. Correspondence: None
VII. Committee Reports:
1. Planning Commission/Roads - Scott Frederick. There has been no Planning meeting since our last board meeting, so there is no update at this time.
2. Fire - Chief Lance Lohrke. Chief Lohrke went over his report for August. See attached. Training for August was a tour of Starr and a tour of the Blue Ridge solar field on 28 Mile Rd. We received a state grant for equipment for $10,000. We also received a state grant for smoke detectors. Lt. Michael Lohrke has stepped down as a Lieutenant but will remain a firefighter. Lt. Rusty Smith has announced his retirement from the fire department.
VIII. Public Comment: Public comment was taken at this time. Tommy Miller gave a county update. Lance Waito presented the added equipment needed for the new security camera system.
IX. Unfinished Business: None
X. New Business:
1. Adopt resolution 2023-14 to opt out of Countywide Public Transportation. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to adopt resolution 2023-14 to opt out of the Transportation Authority of Calhoun County. Roll call vote. All in favor; the motion passed.
2. Approve final documents to proceed fire station addition. Randy gave an update on the fire station addition. A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Stephanie to approve the final documents for the fire station addition. All in favor; the motion passed.
3. Meeting with County Road Department 9/25/2023. Richard lets everyone know about the meeting with the county road department on September 25, 2023.
4. Amend 2023 Budget line 101-265-977.100 Building Additions and Improvements. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Hayley to increase line item 101-265-977.100 Building Additions and Improvements by, 400,0000. Roll call vote. All in favor; the motion passed.
5. Create committee to review benefits for fire department disability insurance coverage. Richard explains the need for a committee to review the benefits for the fire department’s full-time employees. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to form a committee to study the benefits package for the fire department. All in favor; the motion passed.
XI. Adjourn: A motion was made by Hayley 2nd by Stephanie to adjourn at 7:45. All in favor, the motion passed.
Stephanie Craig, Secretary