Sheridan Township Board of Trustees Meeting
February 21, 2023
I. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Richard Porter at 7:00 pm.
The pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States: Led by Richard Porter.
Present: Stephanie Craig, Hayley England, Randy Fisher, Scott Frederick, and Richard Porter.
II. Approval of Agenda: A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to accept the agenda as presented. All in favor, the motion passed.
III. Approval of Previous Township Board Minutes. A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to accept the January 17th minutes as presented. All in favor, the motion passed.
IV. Payment of Bills: A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Randy to approve the payment of bills. Roll call vote; all in favor. The motion passed.
V. Treasurers Report: A motion was made by Randy, 2nd by Scott to approve the treasurers report as presented. All in favor, the motion passed.
VI. Correspondence: Update on River Forks, Calhoun County, and Shipsterns Solar projects. A road commission phone meeting was held last Tuesday with the Supervisor and a Trustee. Our priority for roads this year is J Drive N between 24 Mile and 26 Mile, and 29 Mile between J Drive and L Drive. These projects will be a 50/50 match with the County.
VII. Committee Reports:
1. Planning Commission/Roads - Scott Frederick. Planning Commission held a special meeting to discuss Andersons. Andersons would like to build a storage facility, which was approved by the Planning Commission. Planning Commission meeting dates were set for the next fiscal year.
2. Fire - Chief Lance Lohrke. Chief Lohrke goes over his report for January. See attached. Training for January was Haz. Mat refresher. Chief presents the costs for running medicals for the last 4 years. He has done some checking, and Fire Recovery USA, a billing company, might be a good way for the Township to recover some of the financial costs for the medical fire runs. This company takes 20% of the collection as payment, and they receive roughly a 90% return on their billing.
VIII. Public Comment: Tommy Miller updates on the broadband task force, solid waste committee, and roads. Trash along the roads was discussed.
IX. Unfinished Business: None
X. New Business:
1. Present Township Budget. The Township budget was presented. Questions were asked and d answered about the budget.
2. Budget Amendments. A motion was made by Scott, 2nd by Randy to approve the budget amendments as presented by the clerk. All in favor the motion passed.
3. Discuss April/May Township Board Meetings. In April some of the board members will be at the MTA conference, so the office will be closed that week. We will have a May meeting in place of the April meeting, and the schedule will be presented at next month’s meeting.
VII. Adjourn: A motion was made by Hayley, 2nd by Stephanie to adjourn at 7:53. All in favor, the motion passed.
Stephanie Craig, Secretary